Network monitoring issues (both ping and snmp)

hello all, i’m unable to do any network monitoring. I’ve added 127.0.0.1, other machines on the network, as well is internet addresses like 8.8.8.8 (based on the example in the wiki). All of the machines are ‘unknown’ for both ping and snmp status. I am able to ping these machines from my command line, but not in splynx. I can also do an snmpwalk in the system for 127.0.0.1 / my local network ip address and find the OIDs i need, but am not able to monitor the status or collect any data / plot charts.

I’ve tried the online demo and when i add network addresses like 8.8.8.8, it works fine.

Appreciate any advice on this issue. Thanks!

Administration / Logs / Files
splynx_node

please, check that file

Can’t find that in my logs.

What i can see in Administration / Logs / Files:

Name Description Size Actions
cron/backup-critical 534.76 KB
cron/backup-full 84.78 KB
cron/daily 1.57 KB
cron/five-minutely 160.78 KB
cron/hourly 15.55 KB
cron/license_update 2.86 KB
cron/minutely 765.78 KB
nginx/splynx-access 191.26 KB
nginx/splynx-error 1.37 KB
radius/short 0 B

Also, when i try to open any of these files, it asked if i have allowed port 8080. I’ve done ufw allow 8080 and also ensured that nothing is bound to/listening on 8080.

Could it problem be related to changing the port assignment in Nginx?

Much appreciated.

Looks like problem with installation,

try:
dpkg-reconfigure splynx

and then:
service splynx_node restart

Thanks for the quick reply. Still having trouble after running the two commands. I’ve checked the status of splynx_node and the daemon is running.

if running, where is log?

Here’s the output of service status:

sudo service splynx_node status
[sudo] password for landr:
● splynx_node.service - LSB: Splynx NodeJS Daemon
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/splynx_node; bad; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (exited) since Sun 2017-02-05 03:22:44 SGT; 11h ago
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
Process: 21564 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/splynx_node stop (code=exited, status Process: 21570 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/splynx_node start (code=exited, stat
Feb 05 03:22:44 landr-PowerEdge-R210-II systemd[1]: Starting LSB: SplynFeb 05 03:22:44 landr-PowerEdge-R210-II splynx_node[215● splynx_node.service - LSB: Splynx NodeJS Daemon Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/splynx_node; bad; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (exited) since Sun 2017-02-05 03:22:44 SGT; 11h ago
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
Process: 21564 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/splynx_node stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 21570 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/splynx_node start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Feb 05 03:22:44 landr-PowerEdge-R210-II systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Splynx NodeJS Daemon…

Manually started splynx_node using ‘sudo node splynx_node.js’ from the system folder and it seems to work ok now. Thanks very much.