Force disconnect uppon expiration of tarrif

Goodmorning all,

I tried to search all available documentation but i had no luck. If this is mentioned somewhere else, please bear with me.

I have the following scenario :

VPN concetrator
Lot of users
Splynx used as “data cap limiter”

Requirements :

For reasons beyond the scope of this message, there is a need of forcing disconnect users uppon reaching data cap and not just puttimg them on an address list.
I tried through API , block and FUP COA, disable address lists and alike.

Question :
Is it possible to send a radius message force disconnect and terminate established session?
During my tests, the user is still capable of using the service, even when data cap is reached, and it’s blocked (actually logged in and put him on reject list) uppon disconnect/reconnect.

Any insights would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

A./

Hi,

Is it possible to send a radius message force disconnect and terminate established session?
During my tests, the user is still capable of using the service, even when data cap is reached, and it’s blocked (actually logged in and put him on reject list) uppon disconnect/reconnect.

What you can do is to configure “Block” for customer and FUP blocking as on example below:

This will always send Radius Packet_Disconnect.

Then you can say that customers always will receive Bad IP address from configured Bad pool: