Custom Template Modifications xxx.custom.twig

I have noticed that when you modify the template folders /admin & /portal, the files that never get updated during an upgrade are the following;

index.custom.twig
header.custom.twig
base.custom.twig
footer.custom.twig

The above files are the ONLY files that never get updated when there is a new SPLYNX update. Would it be possible to have all files with xxx.custom.twig added to the safe list so that what ever file you change like

menu.twig
form.twig

not to updated if we rename the files with .custom. so that we don’t have to go back and start afresh customising the updated files.

Hi,

Splynx do not overwrite custom files during update,

So you can create menu.custom.twig as well as any other custom template file.

when I create

menu.custom.twig
form.custom.twig

these files are not executed by SPLYNX which then forces me to modify the menu.twig file which will then be overwritten during an update

Ok,

confirmed, as bug. (widgets not load custom template)

will be fixed on next updates.

2 Likes

Already fixed on Splynx 2.2 (not yet released)

1 Like

Where can I add the following;

{% include ‘networking.custom.twig’ %}
{% include ‘customers.custom.twig’ %}
{% include ‘finance.custom.twig’ %}
{% include ‘server.custom.twig’ %}

When I rename this files with .custom they don’t get loaded. so I need to add the above so that I can be able to load the .custom files.

I have also tried it with panels.twig by changing it to panels.custom.twig my own template modifications and it also didn’t work

Hello,
You can create your custom template for dashboard (… dashboard/index.twig) and then include your custom template for panels
{% include ‘panels.custom.twig’ %}

If you create dashboard page template with name index.custom.twig it must works fine

1 Like