Cisco IOS-XE pppoe rate limiting

Hi,

The Splyx documentation basically suggests that only Cisco IOS is capable of rate limiting PPPoE traffic, and gives some older radius attributes (which don’t work on IOS-XE) that are used for that.

In my setup, with IOS-XE and an ASR1002, I have used the ‘Cisco-Service-Info’ attribute for establishing rate limiting, and in testing with splynx, customizing the radius template with rate-limit attributes like this:

Cisco-Service-Info = QU;{{ rx_rate_limit }};{{ rx_rate_limit / 8 ) * 1.5}};{{ ((rx_rate_limit / 8 ) * 1.5 ) *2 }};D;{{ tx_rate_limit }};{{ (tx_rate_limit / 8 ) * 1.5}};{{ ((tx_rate_limit / 8 ) * 1.5 ) *2 }}

This establishes policing on the pppoe interface for the client. I don’t know if this is proper but is does verifably work for me, although, from cisco cli there doesn’t seem to be a graceful way to see per user config and only ‘show sss session all’ (which isn’t even a registered cli command) gives me the whole picture. Wondering if anyone else on IOS-XE has a different take on this?

Thanks.
Mike-